Stunning visual images of the Flower Garden Banks are regularly captured by staff, volunteers, and recreational divers. Some of these images are available directly through our online image gallery pages listed below. Others are scattered throughout our website.
If you are looking for something in particular, try typing key words in the search box in the left column, below the navigation buttons. Then, select the images option on the results page to narrow down the selection to just photos.
Photos on our website are posted in low resolution, but most images are also available in higher resolution. Just click on an image to open an alternate version in a new window.
Use the navigation buttons across the top of this page or the links below to visit the different sections of the Image Library.
- Complete listing of sanctuary plants and animals found within diveable range (<130 ft/40m).
- Photographs accompany each listing, when available.
- Video footage of fish, invertebrates, sea turtles, sharks, rays, coral spawning, and more
- Photos from the beginning of the expedition on land to shipboard activities, to ROV images.
- Unique underwater features such as the brine seep at East Flower Garden Bank, mud volcanos, and deep reef habitat
- Images from the first scientific expedition to the sanctuary in 1960.
- Images from a scientific expedition to the sanctuary in 1967.
Check back with us regularly to see what we've added. Maps, graphics, photographs, and video clips of habitats, people, creatures, and events will be just a click away. Take the plunge and see more of these underwater treasures!
top of page