The sanctuary sponsors, coordinates and/or participates in a variety of expeditions each year. Following each expedition, a report is usually compiled. Some of the reports are also posted to the web site.
Click on the highlighted links below to see reports and photos from some of our 2008 expeditions. For a comprehensive list, see the 2008 Research Report (444kb pdf).
October 9-11, 2008 Post-Ike Quick-Look Reef Assessment, M/V Eagle Ray
- First visit to the reef following Hurricane Ike.
Aug 25-Sept 2, 2008 Benthic Assemblages in the Twilight Zone, NOAA Ship Nancy Foster
- Cancelled due to mechanical difficulties and Hurricane Gustav.
August 21-24, 2008 Coral Spawning Cruise, R/V Manta - Continued studies of the annual mass coral spawning event. First research cruise on board the R/V Manta.
July 28-30, 2008 Mooring Buoy Maintenance & Installation, M/V Spree
- Installation of new moorings at all three banks.
July 1-4, 2008 International Coral Reef Symposium (ICRS) Field Trip, M/V Fling
- Conference field trip to the sanctuary.
June 15-18, 2008 Stetson Monitoring, M/V Fling
- Annual collection of photos at established sites on the reef.
top of page
Return to the main Expeditions page.
top of page